Homemade Turmeric Paste Recipe
- 30 g organic turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp organic ground black pepper
- 1 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 tsp organic ground orange or lemon powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon organic cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 15 cl water
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until a smooth, thick paste forms.
Let the mixture cool, then place your jar of turmeric paste in the fridge.
For the golden milk
- 1 tsp turmeric paste
- 15 cl unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tsp. teaspoon of extra virgin oil e.g. coconut
- 1 teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Heat for a few minutes on medium heat, but be careful the mixture should not boil!
Golden milk is a traditional recipe of Ayurvedic medicine which thanks to turmeric and various spices in particular, is:
- anti-inflammatory and analgesic
- stimulating for the immune system